Effective March 15, 2018
I. Information We Collect and Receive
When you access and use TotalSim’s service, we collect and receive the following kinds of personal information:
- Account and profile information: When you create your TotalSim account, you are required to give us certain information (e.g., your email address and a password). We may ask for additional information from time to time in order to create a more robust user profile. This additional information is optional.
- Billing information: If you purchase a paid subscription to TotalSim or an application in our app store for which we perform billing, we collect credit card information. This information is securely passed to our payment processing partner, and is not stored at TotalSim.
- Communications: When you communicate with us by sending us an email, we will collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us.
We collect the following types of anonymous information:
- Log data: When you use TotalSim, our system automatically records information including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page you visited before arriving at TotalSim, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information: In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device on which you are accessing TotalSim, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using, and its settings.
- Geo-location information: Wifi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Usage data: This is information about how you use the various capabilities and features of the TotalSim service. We use this information to better understand opportunities to improve the quality of the service we provide to you.
- Information from partners or other third parties: TotalSim may receive information from partners or others to help make our own information better or more useful. For example, some of TotalSim’s applications use Google Analytics to upload information about which features you use, but that information will never be connected to your identity, your devices, or your documents.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or other device and from your computer or other device to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your TotalSim account or your browser or app. Session-based cookies last only while your browser or app is open and disappear from your device when you close your browser software or app or turn off your device. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your browser or app or turn off your device — and last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your TotalSim account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in. Other cookies are not tied to your TotalSim account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other things. If you access TotalSim through a browser, you can manage your cookie settings there, but if you disable cookies you may not be able to use TotalSim effectively, or at all.
III. How We Use Your Information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the TotalSim service: We use information you provide to authenticate you, and enable you to use our applications, collaboration, storage and other services.
- Communicating with you: We will occasionally send you tailored communications based on information you include in your profile, or your use of the TotalSim service. You can manage the frequency and/or opt out of receiving these communications by changing your settings on the Service and/or clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. We also will send you service and administrative emails, for which you may not opt out.
We may also use your personal information to create anonymous information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
- Your Choices
- You have the ability to comment on various aspects of TotalSim’s service by contributing posts in blog post discussion threads, etc. Any such commentary is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it.
- The browser you use to access TotalSim may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around whether and how location or other data is shared with us.
- Sharing and Disclosure
As noted previously, TotalSim’s culture emphasizes respect for your privacy. Consistent with that cultural value, we do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party except in the event of a change in control as described below. We limit our sharing of the information we collect and receive from you to the following circumstances:
- Account Support: To provide you with customer support, our staff may need to share among themselves information you previously have provided to us.
- Legal Compliance and Public Protection: We will share your information when we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; or to protect the safety, rights and/or property of the public or any person.
- Integrity of TotalSim’s Service: We will share your information as appropriate to detect, prevent, and/or address fraud, security or technical issues, or otherwise to protect TotalSim and its user community.
- Shared documents: If you are shared into a document that another TotalSim user has made public, certain of your personally identifiable information will be visible to any other user who views that document.
- Third Parties and Agents: We may employ third party companies or individuals to help us provide the Service and they may process personal information on our behalf. For example, we may share data with a security consultant to help us get better at preventing unauthorized access or with an email vendor to send messages on our behalf. We also may share data with hosting providers, payment processors, marketing vendors, and other vendors and consultants who work on our behalf and under contractual promises of confidentiality.
- Authorized Resellers and Partners. We may also share your personal information with our authorized resellers and partners for the purpose of further supporting your use of TotalSim, and for co-marketing activities. All such authorized resellers and partners are required by TotalSim to provide you with a means of opting out of some or all of their communications with you.
- Aggregated and Non-Identifiable: TotalSim may share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others in our sole discretion, including for business or research purposes.
- Communicating With You: We will occasionally send you tailored communications based on information you include in your profile, or your use of the TotalSim service. We also will send you service and administrative emails. You have an ability to opt out of certain of these communications.
V. Third Party Websites
VI. Questions or Concerns